I enjoy eating this Asian version of the pot roast because it is very tender, juicy, and tastes so good. I enjoy eating this with steamed rice and even fried rice. This is best served for lunch.
Obviously, this pot roast derives its flavors from pineapple and soy sauce. While simmering for quite some time will cook the pork, cooking it in a Dutch oven and roasting inside the oven can make it tender and juicy. The texture is very similar to slow cooked meat.
Try this Pineapple and Soy Sauce Pork Pot Roast Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pineapple and Soy Sauce Pork Pot Roast
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. pork shank portion
- 1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cooking Procedure
- Heat the cooking oil in a Dutch oven.
- Saute the onion until it becomes soft.
- Put-in the pork and cook until all the sides turns light brown (you will need to turn the pork until all sides are done).
- put-in crushed pineapple, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, rosemary, and water. Let boil and then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the Dutch oven inside the oven and then roast for 35 to 40 minutes (you can add more water if the liquid is not enough).
- Remove from the oven and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with rice. share and enjoy!