Sirloin Tip Roast is a tasty and easy way to cook sirloin tip roast. Yes, you read it right, the name of the dish is the same with the main ingredient. This roasted beef recipe is similar to London broil or even the traditional roast beef — the difference is the cut of beef that we use.
I enjoy eating my sirloin tip roast in between two slices of bread. If you like to have this in sandwiches as I do, make sure to slice the beef as thin as possible. You can also feel free to add whatever ingredients you want. for example, I like mine with Swiss cheese and pepperconcini and mayo. I also keep the au jus because I love to dip my sirloin tip sandwich in it, just like what most of us do with Italian beef.
Aside from making a sandwich our of your sirloin tip roast, you can have this with some mashed potatoes and steamed veggies on the side. If I were to do it this way, I will use steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. It will also be great if there is a lemon butter sauce that I can dip my veggies into. I think that the regular steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce is perfect for this roast. Making your own gravy and having it for this sirloin roast also works.
I am using 3 lbs. of beef for this recipe. If your beef is not equal to what we used, that is fine. However, make sure that you remember to roast it for 23 minutes per lb. I know that you understand what I meant, but I just wanted to more clear. for example: if you have 5 lbs. of beef, roast it for 115 minutes (23mins x 5 lbs.).
Try this Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe
- 3 lbs. sirloin tip roast
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pat-dry the sirloin tip roast using a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well using a spoon.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the sirloin tip. Let it stay for at least 1 hour so that the meat can better absorb the flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the sirloin tip roast in a roasting pan. Roast for 70 minutes. If you’re sirloin tip roast is less than or is more than 3 lbs. (as indicated in this recipe), roast your sirloin tip roast in the oven for 23 minutes per lb.
- Remove the roast from the oven. Let the meat rest for 15 minutes. Slice the meat. Serve with your favorite sauce. You can use steak sauce such as A1, Worcestershire sauce, or even gravy.