Pinoy Baked Whole Wheat Penne Pasta is a rich and delicious pasta dish. The pasta sauce that I used for this dish is similar to the Spaghetti meat sauce that I used to make our Joillibee Style Spaghetti so you will notice that this is somewhat sweet.
The pimiento and the garlic powder gives the meat sauce its own identity. As the name states, I used whole wheat Penne pasta for this recipe. I chose this ingredient for two reasons: it is healthy and it is the only one left in my pantry. Kidding aside, whole wheat pasta (in general) is high in fiber which helps in digestion.
Try this Pinoy Baked Whole Wheat Penne Pasta Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pinoy Baked Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 6 cups Jollibee Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- 1 lb. Whole wheat Penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup shredded quick melt cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the spaghetti meat sauce, pimiento, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
- Arrange the cooked pasta on a deep and wide baking dish. Pour-in 3/4 of the meat sauce mixture. Toss to mix the sauce and pasta.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top and then distribute. Top with shredded cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Change to oven setting to broil. Broil for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve Hot.
- Share and enjoy!