Pork Embutido is a type of Filipino meatloaf. It is composed of ground pork, vegetables, cheese, raisins, and seasonings. Unlike traditional meatloaf, which is cooked by baking in the oven, embutido is cooked by steaming. A portion of the meat mixture is wrapped in a sheet of aluminum foil and then placed in a steamer to cook.
Pork Embutdo is the most common embutido version; other versions include chicken embutido and turkey embutido.
Embutido is usually served during special occasions and on the holidays. It can be served cold or warm, and is commonly paired with rice. You can also make embutido sandwich with mayonnaise, which is my favorite. I enjoy having it for breakfast.
In addition, the slices of steamed embutido can also be fried. Fried embutido are best consumed with rice and banana ketchup. How do you like your embutido prepared?
Based on my description, it is quite obvious that I am a fan of this meatloaf. I also make it regularly for the purpose of convenience. The recipe below will yield around 8 pieces of embutido. My entire family consumes 2 pieces per meal. The rest are kept in the freezer for future use. It gives me extra time to do other things.
If you are just starting to learn how to cook, this dish is perfect for you. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients, wrap in a foil, and then steam. It is that easy. I’m sure that you can do it. You can ask questions or clarify things by posting a comment below
Some of our readers started their embutido business using our special embutido recipe. You may want to check that out too.
Try this Pork Embutido Recipe. Happy cooking!
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 1 large yellow onion minced
- 1 large red bell pepper minced
- 1 large carrot minced
- 3/4 to 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 to 4 oz. raisins
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 to 5 cups water for steaming
- Prepare the embutido meatloaf by combining the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl: ground pork, onion, red bell pepper, carrot, sweet relish, raisins, cheese, eggs, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are blended.
- Add the bread crumbs. Continue to mix until well blended.
- Scoop a cup of embutido mixture and place over a sheet of pre-cut aluminum foil (12 x 10 inches). Mold the mixture to form a cylindrical shape. Roll the foil and secure both edges. Set aside. Do this until all the embutido meatloaf mixture is consumed.
- Arrange the wrapped embutido in a steamer. Pour water on the steamer and let boil. Steam (in medium heat) for 60 minutes.
- Remove the steamed pork embutido from the steamer. Let it cool down. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Slice and arrange in a serving plate. You can also fry it.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pork Embutido