Pork Giniling Croquette Recipe
Pork Giniling Croquette is a simple appetizer dish made from pork giniling and mashed potato. By definition, a croquette is a roll composed of any meat and veggies that are coated with egg and bread crumbs. The crumbs can be your plain bread crumb, Italian bread crumbs, or Panko. I used the latter for this…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pork Giniling Croquette is a simple appetizer dish made from pork giniling and mashed potato. By definition, a croquette is a roll composed of any meat and veggies that are coated with egg and bread crumbs. The crumbs can be your plain bread crumb, Italian bread crumbs, or Panko. I used the latter for this recipe because the texture gets really nice and crispy when fried properly.
I like to eat this croquette version simply with ketchup. I also tried it with homemade ranch dip and it was also a perfect combination.
The cooking video below will show you exactly how I prepared this dish from scratch. I made use of leftover pork giniling and some homemade mashed potato. The links for these recipes are provided below in the recipe section.
As I mentioned, this is an appetizer dish. However, it can also be eaten for breakfast. You can also treat this as some sort of bar food such as fried mozzarella sticks that you can have while drinking beer or any other beverage. On a side note, thinking about mozzarella sticks just reminded me about the Filipino Cheese Sticks that I used to make. I really have to make one this Halloween weekend.
Try this Pork Giniling Croquette Recipe. Enjoy!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Pork Giniling Croquette
- 2 cups mashed potato get recipe here
- 2 cups pork giniling get recipe here
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumb
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or bread crumb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Combine mashed potato and pork giniling in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add one egg and all-purpose flour. Mix well.
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Arrange the panko breadcrumb in a separate bowl. Scoop around 2 tablespoons of mashed potato and pork giniling mixture and then form a ball-shaped figure using your hand. Dip in beaten egg then dredge or roll on the Panko breadcrumb. Make sure that the ball mixture is coated properly.
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, fry the pork giniling croquettes in medium heat until the color turns golden brown. Turn the croquettes over to cook the opposite side.
- Remove from the cooking pot and arrange in a plate lined with paper towel. This will absorb the oil.
- Remove the paper towel from the plate leaving the perfectly cooked pork giniling croquettes in the plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video:
Leave a Comment