Pork Giniling is a pork dish that makes use of ground pork as the primary ingredient. Ground pork is stewed in tomato sauce and water to bring out the taste while vegetables such as carrots and potatoes (some also like this with raisins and green peas) are added for additional flavor and nutrition.
This can be considered as a staple dish in the Philippines when ground pork is concerned. I think that it is fair to say that Filipinos are into pork giniling as much as Americans are into chili. I have 2 ways of preparing this dish, this is the first while the other makes use of guisantes or green peas and raisins – boiled eggs are out of the picture.
I like this dish because of its simplicity. As a person, I tend to appreciate the simple things in life. I am not a minimalist; I just find serenity and lesser stress if I stick on to the basics. Don’t get me wrong; going the extra mile is a good thing but if I can accomplish what needs to be done with lesser effort and time then that’s the way that I’m going.
Do you like Pork Giniling? How do like this done? Let’s enjoy life through good food. Happy cooking!
Try this Pork Giniling Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1½ lb ground pork
- 1½ cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 piece beef or pork cube
- 4 boiled eggs, shelled (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and sauté until the color turns light brown.
- Add the onions and sauté until the texture becomes soft.
- Put-in the ground pork and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef or pork cube, tomato sauce, and water and let boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put the carrots and potatoes in then stir until every ingredient is properly distributed. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, and sugar then stir.
- Put in the boiled eggs and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- Share and enjoy!