Root Beer Pork Steak is my way of making the pork version of bistek tagalog with a little twist. I have been experimenting on interesting ingredients that I can use to improve the overall flavor of my favorite Filipino dishes.
This dish is an example. You might have also seen my recipe posts for Sprite Pork Adobo and Coca-Cola Beef Tapa. These are some of the dishes that I had good results with. I am inviting you to try these recipes and send me your feedback
I think that the result was a success. This is the reason why I am sharing it with you today. The pork steak has the right amount of sweetness, which complements the flavor of the soy sauce. You can see my actual reaction towards the end of the cooking video below. Yes, I am now filming myself while tasting most of the dishes that I cook.
Your suggestions and feedback are greatly appreciated. This helps me improve what I do. Happy Cooking and enjoy your meal!
Try this Root Beer Pork Steak Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Root Beer Pork Steak
- 2 lbs pork chop
- 2 medium red onion sliced into rings
- 1 can root beer
- 2 pieces lime or calamansi
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Arrange pork chops in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice and pour soy sauce and root beer. Mix well. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Separate the pork from the marinade. Pan fry the marinated pork chops for 2 minutes per side.Remove from the cooking pot. Set aside.
- Saute half of the onion. Add garlic. Continue to cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Pour marinade and add a cup of water. Let boil.
- Add the pan-fried pork chops. Cover the pot and cook between low to medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Turn the pork chops over. Continue to cook (covered) for 20 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add ground black pepper and remaining onions. Stir. Cover the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Root Beer Pork Steak