This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Saffron Rice or yellow rice is a delicious rice dish that is flavorful and smells real nice. Saffron rice makes use of saffron threads, which is considered as one of the most expensive spices in the world. No wonder this saffron rice is amazing.
Cooking saffron rice is just like cooking your regular white rice on a stove top, except that there are more ingredients involved. The process is simple; all you have to do is place all the ingredients in a pot, let boil and simmer until the rice completely absorbs the liquid. You will need to stir the mixture at the middle of the cooking process to make sure that the ingredients are well distributed. I do this because ingredients such as butter floats and rice on the top part will only be the ones to absorb it – stirring keeps all the ingredients equally spread.
Saffron rice can also be cooked in the rice cooker. All you have to do is perform steps 1 and 2 below and let the rice cooker do the rest.
Try this Saffron Rice Recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Clean the rice by washing placing it in a bowl with water. Discard the water.
- Put the rice on a cooking pot. Pour-in 3 1/2 cups water and add the butter, saffron, bell peppers and salt. Stir.
- Heat the cooking pot (covered) in a stove top. Let boil.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, adjust the heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice completely absorb the liquid. Try to gently stir the rice in the middle of the process to ensure that the ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl with your favorite main dish such as beef kebobs.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!