It is always nice to stare at Beef Kebabs because of all the different colors that it posses. Aside from the delightful look, beef kebabs also tastes good especially if the meat is juicy and tender. This beef kebab recipe will give you a nice looking juicy and tender beef kebab that tastes delicious.
The secret for a tender beef kebab is the cut of beef that you will use. For example, this beef kebab recipe recommends the use of beef tenderloin, which is the most tender cut of beef. This is the same cut that I used for this beef kebab recipe. One good thing about using beef tenderloin for kebabs or any other recipe is that you do not need to cook the beef for a long time; a few minutes of searing is just enough. Searing beef tenderloin or any other beef cut seals all the juice inside making it juicy and pleasant to eat. Imagine having a nice juicy and tender beef tenderloin in a form of a kebab, that is what you will have when you try this beef kebab recipe.
I tried to make this beef kebab recipe to be more of the Asian side by using common Asian ingredients for the marinade; ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil are some examples. What I did was combine all the marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl and marinated the tenderloin slices for a few hours until the meat absorbs the flavor. Once the meat is ready, you can proceed to skewer the beef tenderloin with the rest of the vegetables using a metal or bamboo skewer.
Grilling beef kebab is really quick and easy. All I did was to heat-up the grill and started to grill the beef kebabs for 3 minutes per side. This gave me medium beef tenderloin with a juicy inside. I must say that I really loved the outcome of this beef kebab recipe.
Beef Kebab Recipe
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin cubed
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- A few dashes of salt and ground black pepper
- Make the beef tenderloin marinade by combining soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, olive oil, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the cubed beef tenderloin on the bowl with the beef tenderloin marinade. Gently toss to coat the beef. Let it stay for 1 hour.
- Using a metal or bamboo skewer, assemble the beef kebob by skewering the vegetables and marinated beef tenderloin.
- Heat-up the grill and start grilling the beef kebobs for 3 minutes per side. This will give you a medium beef that is juicy and tender in the inside. Add more time if you want your beef well done, but it will be less tender.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with Saffron rice.
- Share and enjoy!