Java Rice Recipe
Java Rice is a yellowish to reddish rice that is usually served with grilled or fried main dishes. Not to be mistaken with any rice variation in Indonesia, this Java Rice recipe that we have here is Filipino Style which is suited for the Filipino taste. When you search for Java Rice recipe in the…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Java Rice is a yellowish to reddish rice that is usually served with grilled or fried main dishes. Not to be mistaken with any rice variation in Indonesia, this Java Rice recipe that we have here is Filipino Style which is suited for the Filipino taste.
When you search for Java Rice recipe in the internet, you will see hundreds of recipes with different manner of preparation. Some might be legit while some may be not, the most important thing is that anyone can easily make it and it should taste good. Here at Panlasang Pinoy, we pride ourselves by giving you the easiest Filipino recipes that anyone can prepare. All of our recipes have been tried and tested — this Java Rice recipe is no exception.
Whether you are making Chicken Inasal, Chicken Barbecue, or even Skewered Filipino Pork Barbecue, Java Rice is the best kind of rice to serve them with, and this Java rice recipe will show you how. Have I mentioned that this recipe does not involve stove top cooking? All you need to do is mix all the ingredients with hot steamed rice.
Try this Java Rice Recipe and let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Java Rice Recipe
- Java Rice Recipe
- 5 to 6 cups warm steamed white rice
- 1/2 tablespoon annatto powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt margarine by using the microwave oven (about 10 seconds).
- Combine turmeric and annatto powder. Mix well.
- Put-in garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir until everything is distributed.
- Pour-in mixture on warm steamed rice. Gently mix so that the rice is coated by the mixture.
- Serve with Fried Pork Chop and Atchara.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment