Saucy Adobong Kangkong is a simple adobong kangkong recipe with extra sauce. This is another adobong kangkong recipe that has more sauce.
Don’t get me wrong, the “saucy” description is all about the sauce; this is a simple dish and not a fancy one in any way.
Like myself, some people prefer to have more sauce in some of their dishes. I like more sauce in dishes such as adobong kangkong because I can pour it over white rice — it makes my meal more enjoyable.
Adobong Kangkong can be consumed as a main or side dish. To me, I consider this more of a side dish that can be paired with fried dishes such as fried fish or fried pork. You may want to see the previously shared adobong kangkong recipe.
Try this Saucy Adobong Kangkong Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Saucy Adobong Kangkong
- 4 cups chopped water spinach kangkong
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the garlic until the color turns golden brown. Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Pour-in water, soy sauce, and vinagar. Add the sugar. Let boil.
- Add the kangkong. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with fried garlic.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!