Looking for Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes? Here is one of them: Seared Chicken with mixed vegetables. Not only is this recipe easy to make; it is also quick to prepare.
To sear or searing the chicken means to scorch the surface with an intense amount of heat to a point where it is nearly burnt. This method cooks the outer part of the chicken real fast while preserving the juice and flavor inside. It only takes a few minutes to cook both sides of the chicken (make sure to add a few more minutes to ensure that heat reaches the center of the meat); this can be compared to the time spent in frying boneless chicken slices. As for the mixed vegetables, I always use packaged frozen mixed veggies. All I do is melt butter in a pan and put-in the vegetables.
If you are thinking how the flavor of the chicken will be when you sear it, the answer will depend on the seasonings that you will use. The recipe below details the seasonings needed as well as its measurements. Follow the recipe and step by step procedures in order to get the best possible results.
Try this Seared Chicken with Mixed Vegetables Recipe and let me know what you think.
Recipe: Seared Chicken with Mixed Vegetables
- 3 slices chicken breast (about 4 ounces each), flattened by pounding
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil or cooking spray
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Rub the mixture on the chicken slices. Let it stay for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pan.
- Add mixed vegetables. Sprinkle remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cook for 3 minutes and then set aside.
- Heat a pan. Pour-in cooking oil or use cooking spray.
- Sear both sides of the chicken for about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and arrange in a plate.
- Serve with mixed vegetables on the side. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 3