Seared Scallops in Herbed Butter Sauce is one of the dishes that we had for New Year’s Eve Dinner. It was so easy to make and it tasted really good. I enjoyed it with seafood paella and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
The first thing to do when cooking seared scallops in herbed butter sauce is to sear the jumbo scallops. I seared it in a combination of butter and olive oil. I added some virgin olive oil in melted butter to increase the smoking point. This will prevent the butter from burning quickly. Butter has a smoke point of around 350F, while virgin olive oil is around +/- 420F (note that “extra” virgin olive oil has lower smoke point, this is the reason why I used virgin olive oil).
Once the scallops are seared, I made the herbed butter sauce. This is composed of butter, onion, white wine, some fat leaf parsley, and clam juice. It was the perfect sauce to pair with seared scallops.
The scallops will need to be added back in the pan with the sauce and cooked for a minute before serving. Sometimes, I also have this with bruschetta.
Try this simple and yummy Seared Scallops in Herbed Butter Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Seared Scallops in Herbed Butter Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb. jumbo scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup clam juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt 1-tablespoon butter in a pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Once the butter and oil gets hot, sear both sides of the scallops until it turns light brown in color. Remove the seared scallops from the pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the herbed sauce by melting the remaining butter in the same pan and add the remaining olive oil.
- Saute the onion until soft.
- Pour the white wine and clam juice. Let boil.
- Add the parsley and lemon juice. Continue to cook in medium heat until the liquid reduces to half.
- Add the seared scallops back into the pan. Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper. Stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!