This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is a shared recipe by Antonio R.. This recipe is his entry to the ongoing Panlasang Pinoy Recipe Contest . Do you want to earn extra bucks for your recipe? Submit your recipe now!
This is a simple sandwich spread for breakfast, snacks, or a quick bite. It can also be applied as a spread for cold sandwich or bruschetta
Give this Tuna Cream Cheese and Onion Spread recipe a try today!
- 180 grams Tuna Preferably canned
- 220 grams Cream Cheese Philadelphia or American Heritage
- 40 grams Red Onions finely chopped
- 20 grams Garlic finely chopped
- 7 grams Spring Onions chopped (separate green and white ends)
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice Fresh squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Rock Salt to taste
- Pre season chopped onions and garlic with a pinch of salt.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add in Red onions and the white end of spring onions. Let onions sweat but watch out that it doesn't turn brown. Add in garlic. Do not let it turn brown as well.
- Add in Tuna and mash it up and mix it around. Add Lemon juice then turn the heat up to medium or medium high just for a few seconds to a minute.
- Turn the heat off, and then add the cream cheese. Mash and mix it up until it's nice and creamy, and everything is evenly mixed together.
- Transfer spread into a container; let it cool; cover with cling film then stick it in the fridge. Done!
- To make bruschetta, slice baguette about an inch thick, make 4-6 slices. Grill or toast slices then add Tuna-Cream Cheese and Tomato Spread. Top with diced tomatoes and chiffonade basil. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.