This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is a shared recipe by Jen Cabuntoca. This recipe is her entry to the ongoing Panlasang Pinoy Recipe Contest . Do you want to earn extra bucks for your recipe? Submit your recipe now!
This is my own way to make summer rolls. Enjoy!
1 pack rice paper
1/2 pack thin rice noodles
1 whole green lettuce, cleaned
500 grams ground meat
1 bunch cilantro (coriander); cleaned and chopped; set aside 25% to be used in making the sauce.
250 grams mung bean sprouts
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium onions, diced
1tablespoon fish sauce
Olive Oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro (remaining 25%)
2 pieces key limes
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 to 3 tablespoon sambal olek
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water
1. In a bowl, place the rice noodles and fill in with hot water; soak for 30 minutes. Drain and set a side.
2. Heat a pan then pour Olive Oil.
3. Sauté garlic and onion
4. Add the ground meat and cook it till it turns brown
5. Add cilantro and mung bean sprout then cook for 5 minutes
6. Add salt, pepper and fish sauce to taste. Set aside.
7. Prepare the rice paper (see tip below).
8. Place the rice paper in a flat surface then top with a leaf of lettuce.
9. Arrange noodles followed by cooked ground meat then fold (see steps below).
10. Make the chili sauce by combining lime juice, garlic, sambal olek, water, brown sugar, and cilantro in a bowl. Mix well.
11. Serve with the chili sauce.
How to prepare the rice paper:
Ask your Asian store if they have a plastic rice paper drainer; it is the best way to prepare rice paper. If not, soak rice paper in warm water. Drain, and wrap in paper towel to absorb excess liquid.
How to fold:
1. Once all the ingredients are arranged over the rice paper, take the bottom end of the rice paper and fold upwards covering some of the ingredients.
2. Locate the leftmost end then fold inwards.
3. Locate the rightmost end then fold inwards.
4. Roll all throughout until the fillings are securely wrapped