This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here is another delicious Pininyahang Manok version shared to us by Millie Phillip through the Share Your Recipe page. Thanks Millie for this wonderful chicken recipe.
Do you want to share your recipes or do a guest post, perhaps? Please let me know.
1 Whole Chicken
1 whole onion, chopped
1 whole garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium size potatoes, peeled and quartered (can be smaller)
2 medium size carrots peeled cut into 1″ size
1 red bell pepper cut into approx 1 square inch
2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
dash of pepper
2 tbsp pickles
1 can (500g) pineapple chunks in syrup
3/4 cup evaporated milk (or fresh milk, but better results with evap)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Chop the chicken into small pieces.
2. Heat a medium dutch oven (or any pan you prefer). When it’s hot, put olive oil and heat it up. Saute garlic until golden brown, add the onion until it becomes transparent.
3. Add the chicken and saute for about a minute, then add patis (add more depending on your taste). Mix then add pepper and pickles. Simmer then cover. Juices will start to come out.
4. Wait until chicken is half cooked then add the pineapple chunks including the syrup.
5. When chicken is cooked, add carrots and potatoes. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
6. Add the bell pepper, then stir and bring back to a boil.
7. Add the milk then the cheese until melted.
8. Best served with rice. Enjoy!