Breakfast can be more fun when you are having Tuna and Zucchini Omelet. This breakfast omelet looks so appealing and it tastes really good too.
Before you get intimidated let tell you that this recipe is so simple and easy to follow. You can make one even if you have not tried to cook omelets before. The key in this recipe is the equipment that you will need to use. You need a conventional oven and an oven safe skillet or frying pan because the procedure requires the omelet in the pan to be broiled later on.
If you still insist to cook this dish without the necessary equipment — you can, but you need to keep the omelet intact after you turn it over. This can easily done by dividing the recipe into smaller batches. Tuna and Zucchini Omelet can be enjoyed with either sinangag (fried rice) or pandesal. You can also eat this with steamed white rice. Sometimes I like to eat this with my favorite condiment — banana ketchup.
Try this Tuna and Zucchini Omelet Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Tuna and Zucchini Omelet
- 2 5 oz. cans tuna, drained
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to broil (510F).
- Combine salt, pepper, and beaten eggs in a bowl. Mix well and then set aside.
- Heat an oven-safe frying pan or skillet in a stove top. Pour-in the cooking oil.
- Once the oil becomes hot, saute the onion and zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tuna. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the beaten eggs. Gradually stir to distribute the ingredients. Cook in low to medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn off heat from the stove top and then place the pan inside the oven. Broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until the top part of the omelet is done.
- Serve for breakfast.
- Share and enjoy!