Tuyo Pesto Spaghetti Pasta is one of the easiest and tastiest pasta dishes that I made. It is as easy as my version of the poor man’s pasta. For sure, both dishes are fresh and tastes great.
How to Cook Tuyo Pesto Spaghetti Pasta
Making your own fresh pesto at home is very easy. You can make pasta dishes out of it, or use it as a condiment for other dishes. Our featured recipe for today calls for fresh pesto. It also makes use of spaghetti and salted fish flakes. This is my Filipino version of pesto pasta.
It is always best to make fresh pesto. It can be done in less than 10 minutes. You will need a food processor for this task. Simply combine fresh basil leaves, roasted pine nuts and garlic in a food processor and then blitz until all ingredients are minced into tiny pieces. Using roasted pine nuts is a must. It gives the pesto that nice toasted flavor. Add Parmesan cheese with the other ingredients in the food processor. Continue to blitz while gradually adding olive oil until the mixture is smooth.
Roasting pine nuts is simple. Do it by placing the pine nuts in a pan. Start to heat the pan while stirring. Do this until the nuts turns medium brown in color. Transfer it to a small bowl afterwards and let it cool down before using.
Note that the fish in this recipe is dried and salted. It has a pungent smell, but it tastes really great. Make sure to flake the fish thoroughly. Remove the scales and ensure that the fish bones are discarded. The fish flakes will be added along with the pesto later on.
Now that the pesto and fish are ready, cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Save some pasta water afterwards. Discard the remaining water and then combine the pasta with pesto and fish flakes. Add Parmesan cheese. Toss. You may add pasta water if the mixture is too dry.
I hope that you give this Tuyo Pesto Spaghetti Pasta a try. Send me your feedback.
Tuyo Pesto Spaghetti Pasta
- 5 pieces dried fish tuyo (cooked) and flaked
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 cups basil leaves fresh
- ¼ cups pine nuts roasted
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Prepare the pesto by combining basil, roasted pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor. Blitz for 30 seconds. Add Parmesan cheese. Continue to blitz while gradually pouring olive oil. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti based on package instructions. Save ¾ cups of pasta water. Drain the remaining water.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a large bowl. Combine tuyo fish flakes, Parmesan cheese, and all of the fresh pesto. Toss. Add pasta water as needed.
- Arrange the tuyo pesto in a pasta bowl. Serve. Share and enjoy.
Watch How to Cook Tuyo Pesto Spaghetti Pasta