Chicken Feet is a favorite oriental ingredient and has made its way in many Asian recipes and cookbooks. As a typical Filipino food, Chicken feet can be seen in the streets of Manila and are mostly sold as a street food. This part of the chicken has little meat (with majority of the edible meat consist of the skin and tendons) but is still consumed mostly as “pulutan” (appetizer).
Making a good chicken feet dish is not as easy at it seems. The chicken feet should be tender while still whole at the same time. This Chicken feet recipe will show you how to do it the easy way. I like this recipe because it is true to its word. The outcome is spicy and delicious with the appropriate tender texture. You can enjoy the chicken while easily nibbling around it.
Spicy chicken feet is the Asian counterpart of the buffalo wild wing. With just the right amount of spice, soft texture, and flavor; this chicken feet recipe will surely be loved.
Try this Spicy Chicken Feet recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. chicken feet
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (diluted in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Chinese black beans
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- chili (or crushed red pepper)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cooking oil
- In a pan, heat the cooking oil and put-in the chicken feet. Continue frying until color turns golden brown. Set aside when done
- On the same pan, sauté the garlic and ginger
- Put-in the fried chicken feet, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and Chinese black beans
- Add the water and let boil. Simmer until chicken feet is tender
- Add the sugar, chili, and green onions and mix well
- Add the cornstarch and mix thoroughly for 3 minutes
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Watch cooking video: