Tortang talong is a type of or eggplant omelet wherein grilled eggplants are soaked in a beaten egg mixture and then fried. This is a simple yet delicious Filipino recipe that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
If you are in a hurry and in a budget, as well — this dish is for you. Preparation time is less than 30 minutes and this won’ hurt your wallet. Tortang talong is beat eaten with steamed white rice and banana ketchup.
I recommend this dish to our aspiring cooks because it only takes few easy steps to complete. Happy cooking!
Try this Tortang Talong Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Tortang Talong Recipe
- 4 pieces Chinese eggplant
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Grill the eggplant until the color of skin turns almost black
- Let the eggplant cool for a while then peel off the skin. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs and place in a bowl
- Add salt and beat
- Place the eggplant on a flat surface and flatten using a fork.
- Dip the flattened eggplant in the beaten egg mixture
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil
- Fry the eggplant (that was dipped in the beaten mixture). Makes sure that both sides are cooked. Frying time will take you about 3 to 4 minutes per side on medium heat.
Number of servings (yield): 4