This Eggplant Parmesan Recipe makes a delicious dish consisting of aubergine eggplants, tomato based sauce, and cheese.
This rich tasting Eggplant Parmesan Recipe has a similarity with lasagna in terms of preparation (i.e. layering and baking), although Eggplant Parmesan does not use any type of pasta and meat. The absence of meat makes this dish vegetarian friendly, as long as the cheese that you will use does not contain rennet.
Follwoing this Eggplant Parmesan Recipe is not complicated; you just need to put extra attention to the eggplants. It is important that the eggplants are well prepared before you bake them. This will give you the best results. Here are some of the things that you need to check: The eggplants must be sliced equally and correctly; the eggplants must not be over fried.
I enjoy eating this dish and I never get tired of preparing it for my family. Besides the good taste and texture, I like this dish because it is budget friendly. Making this dish for dinner saves me money — which I can use to prepare great tasting desserts such as chocolate cupcake or leche flan.
Try this Eggplant Parmesan Recipe and let me know what you think.
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 2 pieces eggplants peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan and Romano cheese grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 6 ounces Mozarella cheese shredded
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, and then fry both sides of the coated eggplants until the color turns medium brown. Set aside.
- Dip the sliced eggplant on beaten eggs, and then on the bread crumb mixture. Place on a clean plate and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on a rectangular baking pan.
- Arrange the fried eggplants over the marinara sauce. Sprinkle some parmesan and Romano cheeses, and mozzarella cheese on top of the eggplants.
- Create the second layer by spreading marinara sauce on top of the cheeses, and then arrange the remaining eggplants. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the eggplants and sprinkle the remaining cheeses evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve. share and enjoy!