Rellenong Pusit literally translates to Stuffed Squid: “relleno” is the Spanish word for stuffed. This recipe calls for large squids to be stuffed with cooked ground pork.It has been part of our culinary culture to create dishes with stuffings. Some of the famous stuffed dishes that I personally adore are Rellenong Bangus, Chicken Galantina, and Lechon stuffed with Paella.
Making your own Rellenong Pusit is easy. If you tried making pork giniling, you won’t be having a hard time with this recipe. Think of this as stuffing your pork giniling (without the tomato sauce) in the squid then frying it. Simple, isn’t it?The thing that I like most about this holiday seafood recipe is the explosion of delightful flavors. Combining the rich taste of pork with the tangy flavor of the squid is like no other. The ingredients work harmoniously in providing the right balance in taste. This makes your meal more pleasant and enjoyable.
Since Christmas and New Year is around the corner, you may want to share this dish with the rest of your circle. Adding raisins to the ground pork will surely make this dish more festive.
Enjoy the holidays and Share the Love. Let’s wish for good health and peace. Always remember to always be thankful for all the blessings that we receive.
Try this Rellenong Pusit Recipe and send us your feedback.
- 2 large squids, cleaned and gutted
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium carrot, diced or minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 piece lemon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 piece egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine squid, soy sauce, and juice from 1 piece lemon and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan and pour-in 3 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic, onion, celery, and tomato.
- Put-in the ground pork and cook until the color turns light brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add carrots, salt and ground black pepper then stir. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn-off heat and let cool.
- Stuff the marinated squid with the cooked ground pork. Insert toothpicks at the opening of the squid to secure the filling.
- Dip the stuffed squid in beaten egg then dredge in flour. Set aside.
- Heat another pan and pour-in 7 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Pan-fry the squid. Cook each side for 3 to 5 minutes. Note: Do not overcook the squid so that it will remain tender.
- Transfer the cooked squid in a serving plate and serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: