Pancit Bato is a type of Filipino Noodle that originated in the town of Bato, in Camarines Sur (Bicol region, Philippines). Pancit Bato Noodle Soup is a good way to cook using this noodle. Think of this dish as a healthier and more delicious version of your favorite instant noodle soup; it is simple yet satisfying and budget friendly too.
This Pancit Bato Noodle Soup recipe calls for chicken broth or chicken stock. Please do not worry if you don’t have this ingredient on hand. You can always use an alternative ingredient for chicken broth. For example, 1 1/4 tablespoon of chicken base (powder) can be combined with 2 cups of water. You may also use chicken bouillon (I prefer Knorr). Add 1 chicken bouillon to 2 cups of warm water and stir. You now have a couple of alternatives. I know that Pancit Bato is the star of this recipe, but sometimes it is not always available. If this is the case, you can use pancit canton as a substitute. I’m sure it will work because I already tried it myself. I also find it better if you add Sriracha sauce to your soup, but do this if you can tolerate spicy food. Otherwise, stick to the recipe below. Happy cooking!
Try this delicious Pancit Bato Noodle Soup Recipe today. Enjoy!
Pancit Bato Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1/2 lb. Pancit Bato
- 1/4 small cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 3/4 cup snap peas
- 2 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pork
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot.
- Once the oil becomes hot, saute the pork until the color turns light to medium brown (around 3 to 4 minutes).
- Pour-in the chicken broth or chicken stock and water. Let boil.
- Cover the soup pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add-in the snap peas and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the cabbage and noodles. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. At this point, you can add more chicken broth (or water) if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 3