Here the pastry dough recipe that I used to make the flaky crust of the Turkey Pot Pie. This recipe is different from the previous pastry dough recipe that I published. I use this recipe whenever I want my pie crust to be flakier.
Before proceeding, let me remind you that making your own crust will not be easy: you’ll need to devote some time and effort. Be patient and persistent.
The biggest challenge that I encountered in making the crust came during the rolling process. It took some time and effort before I was able to flatten the dough in one piece. I guess this is the price that I had to pay in order to have a pie crust with a flaky texture. Everything was worth it, though.
Are you ready for the challenge? I know that you can do this.
This is actually my wife’s recipe. Special thanks to her for sharing this. Now I’m sharing this to you. Enjoy!
I’ll appreciate if you can send-in your feedback.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
1. Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl then mix well.
2. Add the butter and mix with a pastry blender.
3. Gradually add water a tablespoon at a time while mixing.
4. Gather the dough and form into a ball shaped figure. Divide the gathered dough into two parts, one being larger than the other.
5. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.
6. Sprinkle flour on a clean flat surface then roll the larger dough using a rolling pin until the size is enough is enough for your 9 or 10 inch round cake pan. Roll the second dough until the size is enough to cover the pan.
Panlasang Pinoy Fish Recipes
7. Arrange the larger flattened dough on your cake pan.
8. You can now place your pie filling in. Cover the filling with the secondary dough and seal the edges.