This version of Adobong Baboy with Boiled Eggs has a milder taste compared to the other pork adobo recipes that we have featured. However (and just like all the different adobo versions that we have), this recipe will give you a delicious adobo dish that is worthy to be paired with the warm rice sitting in your rice cooker.
This pork adobo version requires the meat to be marinated in soy sauce for an hour. It will let the meat absorb the flavor of the soy sauce. Note that I am using light or low sodium soy sauce for this recipe. It might sound ironic for the salt to be still in the ingredient list, but I had it as an optional ingredient. Only use salt if necessary.
On another note, this recipe can be made Paleo diet compliant by removing the sugar and using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Coconut oil or lard can be used as a substitute for regular cooking oil — the only drawback will be to not have this with rice.
Try this Adobong Baboy with Boiled Eggs recipe. Let me know what you think.
Adobong Baboy with Boiled Egg
- 1 lb. pork shoulder cut into cubes
- 2 pieces medium boiled eggs
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Salt to taste optional
- Combine pork and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic. Cook until gold brown. Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Add the marinated pork along with the remaining marinade. Cook until it turns brown (around 3 to 4 minutes).
- Pour-in water and beef broth. Let boil.
- Add the peppercorn, bay leaves, and garlic. Cover and cook in ow to medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pork becomes tender. You can add more water if the liquid starts to dry out.
- Add the vinegar. Let the liquid boil again. Stir.
- Add sugar and boiled eggs. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. You can add salt, if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!