Adobong Hipon sa Gata is a delicious and flavorful shrimp dish which is cooked using two methods: inadobo and ginataan. Inadobo is a Filipino cooking procedure or method that involves cooking with garlic in soy sauce and vinegar. This is a popular and common method of cooking in the Philippines. Ginataan, on the other hand, refers to cooking with coconut milk. This method makes the dish rich and creamy.
I love to have Adobong Hipon sa Gata during dinner time. I consume this dish with white rice and I use my bare hands to eat it. I find it easy to remove the shell and head of the shrimp using my hands because I can easily peel off the shell, suck the juice from the head in one hand, and use my other hand to scoop a portion of the rice and the shrimp together to put in my mouth. Kamayan na!
When cooking Adobong Hipon sa Gata, always remember not to overcook the shrimp so that it will remain moist and retain its nice texture. Overcooking shrimp makes the texture a bit tough and the shell sticks to the meat making it more challenging to peel-off.
If you have questions or clarification about this recipe, please drop me a message by commenting below. I love to hear from you. Your feedback keeps us going-on and helps us provide you with the best possible recipes – and you all deserve it.
Try this Ginataang Hipon sa Gata Recipe. Enjoy!
Adobong Hipon sa Gata
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and whole peppercorn once the oil becomes hot. Cook until the garlic turns medium brown.
- Put-in the Shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes or until the color of the shrimp turns orangey.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and water. Stir and let boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the dried bay leaves and vinegar. Cover. Let boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the coconut milk. Let boil and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and arrange in a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile continue to cook the sauce until it becomes thick. Pour the sauce over the shrimp in the serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Cooking Video: