This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
BBQ Beef Short Ribs is a delicious lunch idea that you can make a few hours ahead in the morning. This recipe that we have here will give you a great tasting beef short rib that you can enjoy with rice, fries, or even just by itself. When we talk about beef short ribs, the first thing that comes into my mind is the grill. You see, I love grilling short ribs because it tastes good when there is a little hint of smoky flavor in the meat. If you tried our Galbi recipe, you know what I’m talking about.
Did you know that properly grilled beef short ribs are very tender? You might have tried grilling this cut before and ended up with tough meat. This is usually the result if the meat is overcooked.
Let me tell you how I do my BBQ Beef Short Ribs. It all starts in selecting the meat. In this case, I go directly to my local butcher and request for about 3 to 4 lbs. of beef short ribs sliced across the bone about a quarter of an inch thick. Most butchers (of non-Asian supermarkets) slice the ribs along the bone similar to that of spare ribs.
Once the meat is ready, all you need it mix the marinade ingredients and marinate for at least 3 hours. Since the cut is thin, the meat will easily absorb the flavor. When grilling, make sure that the heat of the grill is set to medium so that the meat won’t get burnt right away. All it takes is a few minutes of grilling per side, and then you are ready for lunch.
Try this BBQ Beef Short Ribs Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 3 lbs. beef short ribs sliced crosswise about a quarter of an inch
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make the marinade by combining all the ingredients (except for the beef short ribs) in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place the beef short ribs in a large Ziploc bag or a container with cover and then pour-in the marinade.
- Make sure that the beef is coated with marinade. Place inside the fridge and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat the grill and then start grilling the beef short ribs. Try grilling each side for 5 minutes in medium heat. Lower the grill time if the heat is too much.
- Serve with Worcestershire sauce. Share and enjoy!