Brownies make a good dessert and snack. It is rich, moist, and undeniably delicious. One thing that I like most about every brownies recipe is the fact that they’re all easy and quick to prepare.
This brownies recipe is simple and straightforward; I added a topping of chopped cashews because I remember enjoying this kind of brownies in the Philippines. It brings back the good old flavor of the snack that I always enjoy and the fun memories associated with it.
Making your own brownies — as I mentioned– should be real easy. It will all depend on the brownies recipe that you are following. For example, if you like dark chocolate, then this brownies recipe is for you. However, feel free to use the type of cocoa powder that you like. Use sweet cocoa if you prefer your brownies sweeter.
Moist brownies can be achieved by adding canola oil instead of butter, or at least half oil and half butter so that you will still have that rich buttery flavor while enjoying moist brownies. This brownies recipe makes use of both oil and butter.
Try this brownies recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup granulated white sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cashew
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease a medium baking pan with cooking spray. set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, oil, and eggs. Beat until well blended.
- Stir-in the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the greased pan. Bake for 28 minutes. Note: in about 20 minutes of baking, sprinkle the chopped cashews evenly on top and continue to bake until the brownies are done.
- Remove from the oven. Let is cool.
- Serve. share and enjoy!