This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheeseburger or hotdog sandwich? This dilemma has most likely come to mind for many visiting a fast food restaurant. While each sandwich has its own unique charms, the choice is easy for me. Why not just have both? I will be teaching you how to create your own delicious cheeseburger and hotdog sandwich— a perfect pairing for when you are craving something simple and savory!
What does this Cheeseburger and Hotdog Sandwich duo taste like?
Because of these dishes’ popularity, lots of people have probably tasted plenty of different versions of the cheeseburger, just as well as the hotdog sandwich. But can you really beat a good homemade sandwich? I love recreating these kinds of food with a twist right from my own kitchen. This is because I get to add some more delicious seasonings and ingredients to really make each dish stand out.
For our burger spread, we will use a mix of mayonnaise, banana ketchup and onion powder for a standout sweet and sour sort of filling. While the hotdog sandwich has bacon bits sprinkled on top, as well as some yummy cheddar cheese. That’s enough talking about these fan favorites— let’s get to actually making them!
How to Make Cheeseburger and Hotdog Sandwich
1. Creating the burger patties
- Mixing the ingredients – You will need to get 1 lb. of ground beef, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 2 teaspoons of onion powder for this. Just mix these all in a bowl well.
- Forming the patty – Scoop ¼ of this mixture, roll it up, and then just flatten it to take the shape of a patty. Repeat the previous steps until you have used up the meat mixture.
2. Frying the burger patties
- Getting the buns ready – Begin by getting your pan hot. Spray some cooking oil, and then add your burger buns. Toast each of the 5 you have until they turn light brown, and then set them aside.
- Cooking the patties – Pour 1 tablespoon of cooking oil into the pan from earlier. Then just put each of your patties here, and fry them until they become brown. Once they do, top them off with a slice of American cheese.
3. Assembling the cheeseburger
- Making the mayo mixture – Mix ½ cup of Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of banana ketchup, and ½ teaspoon of onion powder together. Just spread this onto your burger buns. Then put your patty with the cheese on top on each bottom bun, and finish it off with the top burger bun.
4. Making the hotdog sandwich
- Cooking up the beef franks – Get your 8 beef franks, and boil them for 5 minutes. Then just set them aside for now.
- Crafting the cheese sauce mixture – We will need to put ½ cup of cheese sauce and ¼ cup of Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise in one container so we can combine them. Make sure these are well-mixed.
- Assembling the hotdog sandwich – Put a beef frank on each hotdog bun. Then pour as much of your cheese mixture, although it would be best to put a lot, on top of the franks. For a final touch, we will sprinkle bacon bits, and shredded cheese right on top.
Now you are just about ready to munch on these popular dishes— the ever tasty Cheeseburger with a Hotdog Sandwich! But I would recommend adding a few more dishes to the party if you are looking to cook up more food like this.
What to Serve with Cheeseburger and Hotdog Sandwich
Everyone knows burgers just go perfectly with fries. But if you would like to have this delicious potato treat with less fat content, I invite you to try making some Oven Baked French Fries! This also uses something healthier to cook up our fries, which would be olive oil. This is partially because it has a great deal of antioxidants.
Why stop with the previously mentioned drive-thru favorites? I tried creating this McDonalds Style Chicken Nuggets recipe so you no longer have to drive to the restaurant to satisfy those late night cravings. These are also absolutely crispy, and come with that deliciously savory and rich barbecue sauce!
Burger patties also taste truly scrumptious when topped with gravy, and served with a bit of white rice. That’s why I’m also recommending this classic Burger Steak recipe. It is easy to make with just around a half hour needed for prep and cooking. These are also very appetizing and filling, but don’t be surprised if you end up reaching for more despite being quite full. It can be easy to fall in love with the perfectly salty and meaty taste of this dish.
Making this Cheeseburger and Hotdog Sandwich was quite fun, and so I hope you also enjoyed cooking with me! Share any of your queries in the comments below.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 5 burger buns
- 5 slices American cheese
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
Burger spread ingredients:
- ½ cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons banana ketchup
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Hotdog sandwich ingredients:
- 8 beef franks
- 8 hotdog buns
- ½ cup cheese sauce
- ¼ cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 cups water
- Make the cheeseburger by combining the ground beef, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix well and scoop ¼ cup of the mixture, roll it, and then flatten to form a patty. Do this until all the meat mixture is consumer.
- Heat a pan and spray cooking oil. Toast the buns until light brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil on the same pan. Fry the patties until brown.
- Top each patty with American cheese.
- Spread the mayo mixture on the bun and assemble the cheeseburger.
- Start to make the hotdog sandwich by boiling the beef franks for 5 minutes.
- Make the cheese sauce mixture by combining cheese sauce and Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Arrange the beef franks onto the hotdog bun and generously pour the cheese mixture over it. Top with bacon bits and shredded cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!