Chicken Adobo with Egg
I love to eat chicken adobo especially if it is served with hard boiled eggs. It can be a perfect dish for lunch, and I would also love to have it for breakfast along with garlic fried rice (sinangag). I am sharing my simple chicken adobo with egg recipe so that you will have an…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love to eat chicken adobo especially if it is served with hard boiled eggs. It can be a perfect dish for lunch, and I would also love to have it for breakfast along with garlic fried rice (sinangag). I am sharing my simple chicken adobo with egg recipe so that you will have an idea on how I cook this version of chicken adobo.
This recipe requires the chicken slices to be marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and whole peppercorn. The longer the chicken is marinated, the tastier it becomes because it can absorb more marinade. In my case, the bowl where I had chicken was covered and I kept it inside the refrigerator while marinating. This ensures me that the chicken stays fresh during the process and it also prevents contamination.
In addition to the marinade, I used chicken broth instead of just plain water to cook the chicken. This added more flavor to the dish. If you cannot get hold of chicken broth or chicken stock, that is alright; you can still use water. It will be great if you can cook the chicken in very low heat to extract more flavors while making it extra tender at the same time.
The hard boiled eggs are added last. I cooked the egg for a couple of minutes with the chicken. You can do the same, or you can also add the egg when the chicken is already in the serving bowl. It is all up to you.
Try this Chicken Adobo with Egg Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Chicken Adobo with Egg
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs cut into serving pieces
- 5 pieces hard boiled eggs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- Salt to taste optional
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, whole peppercorn, and half of the crushed garlic in a large bowl. Mix well and ensure that the chicken gets coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 1 hour. Note: the longer the time to marinate, the better.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot
- Add the remaining crushed garlic. Cook until the garlic starts to turn brown.
- Add the marinated chicken including the marinade. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot. Let boil.
- Add the bay leaves and pour the vinegar into the pot. Let boil. Stir and cover the pot. Continue to cook until the chicken gets tender and the sauce reduces to your preference.
- Add salt (only if needed) and then add the eggs. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Chicken Adobo with Egg
Leave a Comment