One of the simplest version of chicken adobo is probably chicken adobong puti. This version is also known as white adobo because of its clear broth. The absence of soy sauce is responsible for the light color of the dish.
I think that this dish deserves our attention. It might look simple, but it is flavorful and delicious. I enjoyed eating it with warm white rice. I cooked it in a way wherein there is a bit of sauce left so that I can pour it over the rice. Yummy!
How to Cook Chicken Adobong Puti
Cooking adobong puti is easy and straightforward. This recipe requires marination. I started by marinating the chicken pieces in coconut vinegar, crushed peppercorn, and crushed garlic. This helps infuse flavors to the chicken by absorbing the flavors of the marinade. I marinated mine for around 30 minutes. The longe the duration, the better.
Once done, I separated the chicken and garlic from the marinade vinegar and pepper. I then pan-fried the chicken for 11/2 minutes per side. This steps provides texture to the outer part of the chicken, which prevents the skin from quickly shrinking when boiled for a long period of time.
Remove the chicken and place in a clean plate while sautéing the garlic. Add the chicken back and then pour the remaining marinade ingredients. Add water and let boil.
I add a piece of Knorr Chicken Cube to make my adobo tastier. It makes a huge difference for the better. The dried bay leaves are added next. This cooks for a quick 20 minutes making sure that the chicken is completely cooked and tender. No need to extend the cooking time as the sauce is already flavorful.
Season with granulates white sugar and salt (if needed). Cook for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the amount of sauce preferred. If you want your adobo with extra sauce, you may add more water.
Try this Chicken Adobong Puti Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chicken Adobong Puti Recipe
- Arrange chicken in a large bowl. Add black pepper, garlic, and coconut vinegar. Mix well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Separate the marinade ingredients from the chicken. Heat oil in a pan. Fry each chicken piece for 1 ½ minutes per side. Remove from the pan, and then place on a clean plate. Set aside.
- Using the remaining oil, saute garlic for 20 seconds. Add the pan-fried chicken. Pour the remaining marinade ingredients and add water. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Chicken Cube and bay leaves. Cover the pan and adjust heat between low and medium. Cook for 20 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Flip the chicken using a pair of kitchen tongs. Season with sugar and salt as needed. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with warm rice. Share and enjoy!