Chicken and Egg Macaroni Salad
Chicken and Egg Macaroni Salad is a holiday favorite. This is something that my family serve during Christmas and special occasions. The good thing about this mac salad, aside from tasting great, is its ease in preparation. Everything can be completed within 30 minutes. If you want your salad cold, it can be chilled in…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken and Egg Macaroni Salad is a holiday favorite. This is something that my family serve during Christmas and special occasions. The good thing about this mac salad, aside from tasting great, is its ease in preparation. Everything can be completed within 30 minutes. If you want your salad cold, it can be chilled in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
I enjoy having this version of macaroni salad as a side for fried chicken. It can also be enjoyed by itself for lunch or dinner. As a personal preference, I add more salad dressing to make it richer and creamier. I also add a few drops of hot sauce to make it a bit spicy.
How to Make Chicken and Egg Macaroni Salad
Making your own Chicken and Egg Macaroni Salad can be easier than you think. The steps are simple. The entire salad should be done in less than half an hour.
The first thing to do is cook the chicken. I am using boneless chicken breast for this recipe. Do this by combining chicken breast and water in a cooking pot. Boil chicken for at least 15 minutes. You can speed-up the process by slicing the chicken into smaller pieces before boiling so that it cooks quicker.
Remove the chicken from the pot once it is cooks completely and let it cool down for a while. Slice into cubes afterwards and then set aside. Do not discard the water yet (this can also be referred to as chicken stock by then since it was used to boil the chicken).
Using the remaining water, cook the macaroni based on package instructions. You can add more water if needed. Discard the water afterwards and then arrange the macaroni on a clean bowl.
Prepare the salad dressing next. Combine Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise with onion, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. If you decide to use pineapple chunks, you can add a tablespoon or two of pineapple juice from the can into the dressing. Mix until all ingredients are well blended.
Start to assemble the salad by combining macaroni, pineapple (if any), raisins, chicken, and cheese. Toss and then add egg and salad dressing. Gently toss until all ingredients are well distributed. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving
Try this quick and easy chicken and egg macaroni salad recipe. Enjoy!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Chicken and Egg Macaroni Salad
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cups raisins
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks optional
- 3 pieces eggs boiled and cubed
- 1 piece onion minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine 5 cups water and chicken in a cooking pot. Let the liquid boil. Continue to cook the chicken for 15 to 18 minutes using medium heat. Remove the chicken from the pot. Let it cool down and then slice into cubes. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions using the remaining water. Drain water and place macaroni on a large bowl.
- Make the salad dressing by combining Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, onion, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Combine cooked macaroni, cheese, raisins, pineapple, and chicken. Toss.
- Add eggs and salad dressing. Continue to toss until all ingredients are well distributed.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley. Toss. Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment