Chicken and Pork Embutido
Chicken and Pork Embutido is a good dish to make during the holidays. It is rich, delicious, and very satisfying. Enjoy it for Noche Buena, New Year’s Eve dinner, or any occasion. You will surely love it! How to Make Chicken and Pork Embutido Making your own embutido can never be easier. I do it…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken and Pork Embutido is a good dish to make during the holidays. It is rich, delicious, and very satisfying. Enjoy it for Noche Buena, New Year’s Eve dinner, or any occasion. You will surely love it!
How to Make Chicken and Pork Embutido
Making your own embutido can never be easier. I do it by preparing the meat mixture first. Combine the ground meats and then add carrot, raisin, onion, and sweet relish. I also add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise in this specific recipe. It is not a common ingredient for embutido. However, it helps keep the meatloaf dish moist and it also adds flavor into it. Mix everything until blended. You may use a kitchen spoon or your bare hands to do this step.
Next, I add eggs to bind the mixture and season it with salt and pepper. I also add breadcrumbs to absorb the moisture. This will keep the mixture intact.
This embutido version has boiled eggs and hotdogs in the center. Arrange the filling by scooping around ¾ cup of meat mixture and place it on a piece of aluminum foil. The foil should have a measurement of 12×8 inches. Flatten the meat mixture and then arrange the hotdog and eggs side-by-side. Secure by rolling the aluminum foil and twist both edges to compress the mixture inside.
It takes 60 minutes to steam embutido. You can use any type of steamer. I used a bamboo steamer for this recipe. Simply boil 1 to 2 quarts of water in a pot. Arrange the embutido in a bamboo steamer. Place the steamer on the pot with boiling water and steam until completely cooked.
I suggest letting the meatloaf cool down before slicing. It is even better to serve it cold. Chill it in the fridge for 3 hours before slicing and serving. You can also fry it and eat with rice.
Try this Chicken and Pork Embutido Recipe for the Holidays. Enjoy!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Chicken and Pork Embutido
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ¾ cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 piece carrot minced
- 1 piece onion minced
- 2 pieces eggs raw
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 pieces hotdogs cooked and sliced
- 5 pieces eggs hard-boiled, sliced into wedges
- Combine ground chicken and pork in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add sweet relish, raisin, onion, and carrot, and Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. Mix all together.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl. Add salt and ground black pepper. Continue to mix until well blended.
- Gradually add breadcrumbs. Fold until mixture has the proper consistency. Note: add more breadcrumbs if mixture is still wet.
- Lay a piece of 12 x 8 inches of aluminum foil on a flat surface. Scoop around ¾ cups of meat mixture and spread it on the foil. Arrange hotdog and egg slices side-by-side. Roll the foil to cover the filling. Tighten and secure by twisting the ends of the foil (see video for details). Perform these steps until all meat mixture are consumed.
- Boil 1 1/2 quarts water. Arrange the wrapped embutido in a steamer. Steam for 1 hour.
- Remove the embutido from the steamer. Let it cool down for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Chicken and Pork Embutido
Leave a Comment