Cooking Chicken Liver and Gizzard Stew with Quail Eggs and Snap Peas is a good way to enjoy chicken liver and gizzards. This dish can be enjoyed as a main dish, like what I always do. You can also serve this as a “pulutan” with your favorite adult beverage.
By looking at the recipe below, you will notice that this is a leveled-up adobo. I tried to add more flavor by incorporating oyster sauce into the mix. I also like the sauce thicker, thus the addition of cornstarch.
Vegetables are always great additions to any dish. It helps enhance the flavor and makes the dish more visually appealing. These were the reasons why snap peas and red bell peppers were added. I think that the idea worked well. What do you think?
This dish is perfect to make when you are craving for something tasty. Talking about taste, make sure to go ahead and cook enough rice as it can help balance the flavor as you enjoy the dish.
I suggest serving this for lunch during the weekend with warm rice. I enjoy eating it with a glass of lemonade. The leftovers can still be served later in the afternoon as pulutan.
How to Cook Chicken Liver and Gizzard Stew with Quail Eggs and Snap Peas
Note that the gizzards and liver needs to be prepared first before formally cooking the dish.
The first thing that I dis was to boil the quail eggs. This is the easiest part. Simply combine the eggs with 2 cups water and then let the water reach its boiling point. Once this happens, continue to boil the eggs for 3 minutes. Thats it.
The gizzards, on the other hand, needs to be boiled until tender. It can take 40 to 60 minutes to do this as this part is really tough. You can use a pressure cooker to speed-up the process. Simply pressure cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
I combined the liver with oyster sauce and cornstarch and pan-fried it for at least a minute per side. The outcome will not look appealing, but trust me. This will look pretty later on.
The formal cooking starts when the liver and gizzards are ready. Saute onion and garlic and then add the gizzard. Cook it using the inadobo method by adding soy sauce, vinegar, and water. Add the liver and let everything cook for a good 7 to 8 minutes. Put the veggies and seasonings next. Lastly, add the boiled eggs.
Try this delicious Chicken Liver and Gizzard Stew with Quail Eggs and Snap Peas Recipe. I hope that you enjoy cooking and eating this dish just like I did.
Chicken Liver and Gizzard Stew with Quail Eggs and Snap Peas
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 lb chicken gizzard
- 9 pieces quail eggs
- 1 piece red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Combine 2 cups water and quail eggs in a cooking pot. Let the water boil. Once the water starts to boil, adjust heat to medium. Boil eggs for 3 minutes. Discard water. Let the eggs cool down and then peel-off the shell. Set the eggs aside.
- Boil 4 cups water in a pot. Add the gizzards. Continue to boil for 40 to 60 minutes or until the gizzards are tender. Discard the water. Set gizzards aside.
- Combine liver and oyster sauce. Mix well. Add cornstarch and then gently mix until all ingredients are well distributed.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a pan. Add the liver. Pan-fry each side for 1 minute. Remove from the pan. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, saute onion and garlic.
- Add the boiled chicken gizzard once the onion softens. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour soy sauce, vinegar, and ¾ cup water into the pan. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken liver. Stir. Cover the pan and continue to cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Note: add more water if needed.
- Put the snap peas and bell pepper into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and then season with ground black pepper and salt.
- Put the boiled eggs into the pan. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with warm white rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Chicken Liver and Gizzard Stew with Quail Eggs and Snap Peas