This Crockpot Beef Pares Recipe is intended for people who heavily rely on slow cookers. This is also for our friends who think that having slow-cooked food is the way to go. It has the same good taste of our original beef pares. The difference is that this is tastier and it only involves limited steps.
This recipe involves the use of a slow cooker such as crockpot. This tool makes it possible to slow cook foods for several hours to extract most of its flavors and make the meat tender. Slow cooking food will take you several hours. If you cannot wait for hours to enjoy your beef pares , I recommend to refer to our previous beef pares recipe – the link is provided on the first paragraph.
It is easy to make Crockpot Beef Pares. Simply place all the ingredients in a slow cooker, cover, and slow cook. I set my slow cooker to cook in low heat for 8 hours. To me, it is the optimal setting to get the best results. You can also do it quicker by setting your slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours.
Beef pares is eaten with a cup of garlic fried rice and a bowl of hot soup. Here is a recipe for garlic-fried rice. The soup, on the other hand, can be prepared by heating a cup of beef broth in the microwave. Add a few tablespoons of pares sauce to the broth to make it tasty.
Try this Crockpot Beef Pares Recipe. Enjoy!
Crockpot Beef Pares Recipe
- 4 cups garlic fried rice
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Salt to taste optional
- 2 lbs. top sirloin cubed
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 to 4 pieces star anise
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- Combine all the crockpot ingredients in a crockpot / slow cooker. Cover and set to low heat. Slow cook for 8 hours
- Remove the cover. Stir. Taste and add salt (if needed).
- Transfer the beef pares with some sauce in a serving bowl. Top with chopped scallions. Prepare the soup by pouring 3 tablespoons of sauce in a bowl and add a cup of hot beef broth.
- Serve with garlic-fried rice. Share and enjoy!