This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sometimes simple is best when it comes to your meals. Not everyone has the luxury of time in cooking up their food after all. But simplicity does not necessarily mean less flavor. In fact, you can easily achieve a delicious chicken dish with the most irresistibly thick cream sauce without too much effort. Just take a look at this Easy Chicken Ala King recipe!
With these steps, you can make yourself a gorgeously crisp chicken katsu alongside some delicious white chicken ala king sauce. You can even have the katsu alone if you are in a bit of a rush. Learn how to recreate this by following the steps below!
How to Make Easy Chicken Ala King
1. Preparing the chicken katsu
Let’s begin by getting our 6 ounces of chicken breast. Slightly pound this with the flat part of a meat tenderizer tool. Once you have finished flattening the chicken, you can start seasoning it. Sprinkle salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder all over your chicken. We will use ⅛ teaspoon as the measurement for each one of the seasonings.
2. Coating the chicken
Before anything, let’s put 1 cup of cooking oil in a pan. Apply heat. As we are waiting for this to heat up, we can work on breading the chicken. Dredge the seasoned chicken in a container with ¼ cup of all-purpose flour. Then dip the meat into a container with 1 beaten egg. Dredge it in flour again, and then for one last time, dip the chicken into the beaten egg. After that, roll it over a container with ½ cup of Panko breadcrumbs. Take note that the chicken has to be completely coated with these breadcrumbs. Also make sure to do this for all of your pieces of chicken
3. Cooking the chicken katsu
When the oil gets hot, you can start frying your breaded chicken! Just put each piece in the pan, and deep fry them until they become golden brown. If your oil is not enough though, you can flip the chicken over so the other side also gets cooked. After this, you can transfer the chicken to a serving plate, and set this aside. Now it’s time for us to work on the sauce!
4. Starting off the easy chicken ala king sauce
Next up is our 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Melt this in a saucepan, and then pour 2 tablespoons of cooking oil inside. When your mixture becomes hot, you can toss in 1 green bell pepper you’ve minced. Just sauté this for 1 ½ minutes.
5. Getting the sauce to thicken
In a separate container, mix together 60 grams of Knorr Cream of Chicken and Corn, and 2 ½ cups of water. Stir the mixture. Once it is well-blended, you can transfer it to your saucepan. Cook this up while stirring until the sauce has gotten as thick as you would prefer it to be.
6. Putting the chicken and sauce together
Here comes the truly satisfying part; Pour the creamy sauce all over your cooked chicken katsu from earlier. Then put some rice on the side, as well as Knorr Cream of mushroom soup. You’ve now got yourself a delicious Easy Chicken Ala King! How about exploring just a few recipes that go well with this?
Dishes to Serve with Easy Chicken Ala King
Plain rice is already pretty great to have with our chicken dish. But if you want to take it up a notch, I would suggest going with the ever simple, but tasty garlic fried rice, also known as Sinangag! This is perfect with breakfast food, but it also pairs nicely with various white meat dishes like our chicken ala king. If you want to go the fried rice route, I do suggest to go for the simpler ones like Sinangag so the richness of the toppings does not clash with our sauce.
Chicken Ala King also tastes perfect with some soft and buttery Mashed Potatoes! I find this to be one of the best ways to have potatoes because it is not too salty, and it makes for a light side dish. You can even try to lessen the calories in this dish by using low or fat-free milk instead of whole.
They say that dishes that taste similar go together well. That principle applies to this recommendation— some meaty Lengua in White Mushroom Sauce. You may never taste meat this tender and creamy. I really love working with ox tongue because of its irresistibly soft texture. Just make sure to have plenty of servings ready if you are bringing this to a party. People will surely be reaching for more and more!
Have any questions about my Easy Chicken Ala King recipe? Leave them in the comments section so I can get to them as soon as I can!
Chicken ala King Sauce Recipe:
- 60 grams Knorr Cream of chicken and corn
- 1 green bell pepper minced
- 1 red bell pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 ½ cups water
Chicken Katsu Recipe:
- 6 ounces chicken breast
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Prepare the chicken katsu. Flatten the chicken breast by slightly pounding with the flat part of the meat tenderizer tool. Season salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder all over the chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While the oil is heating up, bread the chicken. Dredge it in all-purpose flour. Dip in the beaten egg mixture, dredge in flour again and then dip one more time in beaten egg. Now, roll it over the Panko breadcrumbs making sure that it gets completely coated.
- Deep fry the chicken katsu until the color of the breading turns golden brown. Note: if the oil is not enough, you can turn the chicken over to fully cook the opposite side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and arrange in a serving plate. Set aside.
- Make the easy chicken ala king sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add the cooking oil.
- Once the butter mixture gets hot, add the bell peppers. Saute for 1 ½ minutes.
- Combine Knorr Cream of Chicken and Corn and water. Stir until well blended. Pour the mixture into the saucepan. Continue cooking while stirring until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken katsu. Serve with rice and Knorr Cream of mushroom soup on the side.
- Share and enjoy!