Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Homemade Chicken Tenders Recipe
Looking for a scrumptious dish duo to serve your kids? Nothing satisfies those crispy cravings like these two favorites among kids— the grilled cheese sandwich with some yummy chicken tenders! This pairing is simple, but truly never disappoints because of the satisfying mix of flavors. What do Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Chicken Tenders taste like?…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a scrumptious dish duo to serve your kids? Nothing satisfies those crispy cravings like these two favorites among kids— the grilled cheese sandwich with some yummy chicken tenders! This pairing is simple, but truly never disappoints because of the satisfying mix of flavors.
What do Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Chicken Tenders taste like?
This sandwich alongside some crunchy chicken really tends to be a crowd pleaser. There is just something quite irresistible about that blend of delightful cheesy flavor with just the right amount of saltiness from our chicken. Oftentimes, we end up getting more than we intend to eat too because these dishes are not too heavy, and can make for great “pica-pica dishes.”
Plenty of people already enjoy chicken tenders with standard seasonings for marinating like salt and mayonnaise. But if you also like a bit of sharpness, and an exciting bright flavor with your chicken, you can also try this out with some Dijon mustard.
Both of these are pretty easy to make, and use a lot of ingredients you probably already use on a daily basis. And so if you are just starting out as a cook, there’s no need to worry! You should be able to breeze past this recipe easily. Simply follow the instructions below.
Let’s dive right into cooking these up!
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Chicken Tenders
1. Preparing the chicken tenders
- Seasoning the chicken – Get 1 lb. of boneless chicken tenderloins. Then sprinkle 1 ½ teaspoon of salt on top, and rub this into the chicken. Make sure you distribute this evenly. After that, you can just let the chicken sit for five minutes.
- Coating the chicken in some mayonnaise and mustard – You will need ¾ of a pack of Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard. But feel free to skip the latter ingredient if its taste is not your preference. Mix these ingredients in a bowl, and then put each piece of chicken inside. Coat these with your mixture.
- Adding breadcrumbs – We will put 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Then dredge your coated chicken in the breadcrumbs, and place this on a clean plate. Let this stay for a good 15 minutes so that the breadcrumbs are less likely to fall off.
2. Frying the chicken tenders
- Cooking chicken in the pan – Pour ¾ cup of cooking oil into a pan. Then just partially fry each side of the chicken until the breading becomes light brown. This is great for achieving that perfect golden color, and getting the interior beautiful and moist.
- Air-frying the chicken – You will want to do this step since it helps get all that oiliness out of our chicken. Place the fried chicken tenders in your air fryer, and air-fry these for 15 to 18 minutes at 360 °F. Then remove them, and set them aside for now.
3. Creating the grilled cheese sandwich
- Preparing the bread – The first step is to heat up a non-stick pan on your stove. As you are waiting, you can spread your 2 tablespoons of Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise evenly on one side of each bread slice. Then put these two slices of bread with the mayo side down into the pan.
- Adding cheese – We will now top one side of each bread slice with cheese. Then just cover your cheese with the other bread slice. The brown part of the bread should face up. We will keep cooking everything with the heat set to low to medium. Also flip the bread every once in a while until your cheese melts perfectly.
- Putting everything together – Once you are done cooking the sandwich, remove it from the pan, and if you’d like, slice this up. Then just put this on a serving plate with your delightful chicken tenders!
Now if you really want to get the party going, you could add more sandwiches to your set of dishes. These are perfect for gatherings as they are very convenient and easy to just pick up, and eat.
More sandwich recipes to check out
Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Can you really go wrong with choosing the ever juicy and moist Crispy Chicken Sandwich? This filling treat has a popularity that is nearly unmatched. You can find it in almost every fast food restaurant because it can be hard to do it wrong. But with this recipe, I try to make the best of this dish’s simplicity. And you will really just need a bit of salt and pepper to get the flavor right for the white meat.
Quick Roast Beef Sandwich
Should you be in the mood for something a bit more flavorful, but also still easy to make, I would suggest whipping up a Quick Roast Beef Sandwich. This has all the freshness of vegetables like tomatoes and lettuce, which make for a nice contrast alongside some deli roast beef. What ties it all together beautifully is a bit of mayonnaise.
Ham and Cheese Sandwich
And lastly, we have a recipe you are sure to be familiar with already. The trusted Ham and Cheese Sandwich is something that most are likely to have packed for a trip or a school day at least once. But for my version, I really like to use a toasted or grilled loaf of bread for a bit of a crunch.
What did you think? Got any questions about making the Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Chicken Tenders combo? Just write them down in the comments section.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Chicken Tenders
Grilled cheese sandwich ingredients:
- 2 slices bread
- 3 slices cheese (note 1)
- 2 Tablespoons Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
Chicken tenders ingredients:
- 1 lb. chicken breast (note 2)
- ¾ Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (note 3)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs (note 4)
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- Prepare the chicken by rubbing salt all over it. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Combine Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a bowl. Mix well. Coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Dredge the chicken in Panko breadcrumbs. Arrange in a clean plate. Set it on the side for 15 minutes. Note: this will help the breadcrumbs stick better.
- Heat oil in a pan. Partially fry both sides of the chicken until the breading turns light brown.
- Transfer the chicken to an air fryer and air-fry for 15 to 18 minutes at 360F. Remove from the air fryer and set aside.
- Meanwhile make the grilled cheese sandwich by heating a non-stick pan. Spread Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Put the bread with the Mayo side down into the pan. Top one side with cheese slices.
- Cover the cheese with the other bread slice, brown part facing up. Continue cooking using low to medium heat setting while flipping the bread until the cheese completely melts.
- Remove the grilled cheese from the pan. You can slice it if preferred. Serve right away with chicken tenders. Share and enjoy!
- I am using American cheese for this recipe. You can also use Swiss cheese, colby jack, havarti, and other kinds of cheese that melts well.
- Boneless chicken breasts are ideal to make chicken tenders. You can also prepare this in advance by brining. This process will give you flavorful and moist chicken tenders.
- I find Dijon mustard helpful in adding flavor to my chicken tenders. This is an optional ingredient. I suggest that you try it though to see if this is for you.
- Panko breadcrumbs will give your chicken tenders that nice crispy texture. However, you can also use regular bread crumbs or Italian breadcrumbs for this recipe.
Leave a Comment