Grilled Pork Belly with Garlic Fried Rice and Fried Egg (also known as Liempo, Sinangag, at Itlog) is a tasty Filipino meal that can be eaten during lunchtime or even breakfast. The combination is similar to popular combo meals such as Tapsilog (marinated dried or cured beef with garlic fried rice and egg) and Tosilog (sometimes spelled as tocilog, which is cured pork with garlic fried rice and egg).
I thought of this combination idea because I was craving for grilled pork belly and I also want to have a piece of fried egg. Since I have lots of leftover rice, making this combo seemed to be the way to go.
I have many ways to make a marinade for pork belly. This recipe is one of the simple ones that I have. It will give you a delicious grilled pork belly, provided that you follow the instructions properly.
Let me know if you have questions. Enjoy your meal!
Try this Grilled Pork Belly with Garlic Fried Rice and Fried Egg Recipe (Liempo Sinangag Itlog). Let me know what you think.
Grilled Pork Belly with Garlic Fried Rice and Fried Egg - Liempo Sinangag Itlog
- 3 fried eggs
Grilled Pork Belly Ingredients
- 1 lb. grilled pork belly
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lemon or 3 pieces calamansi
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 to 3 cups cooked white rice preferably leftovers
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the marinade of the pork belly by combining soy sauce, lemon juice, ground black pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Stir. Put the pork belly into the bowl and then coat it with the mixture. Let it marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill the pork belly for 3 minutes per side while basting every turn. Continue with the process until the pork is cooked thoroughly. Once the pork is cooked, slice it into bite-sized pieces. Note: the ingredients for the basting sauce are the same as the marinade plus a tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Prepare the garlic fried rice by heating oil in a pan. Add the garlic. Cook in medium heat until light brown. Set the heat to high and then put the rice into the pan. Gently cut using the spatula and fold to blend with oil and garlic. Add salt and then continue to cook while folding once in a while for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic fried rice into individual plates. Add grilled pork belly and a piece of fried egg on each plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!