Pancit Udon is my own version of Pancit using udon noodles. This Pancit Udon recipe is very easy to follow and it taste really good too. If you want a different noodle other than canton, bihon, sotanghon, or palabok, this Pancit Udon Recipe is worth your time.
Unlike the other pancit recipes that we featured, the noodles or udon in this recipe needs to be boiled first. I simply do this by boiling water in a deep cooking pot and add the udon noodles once the water starts to boil. Boiling the udon for 10 to 12 minutes is about right, but it is always best to check the noodles to ensure that it is not soggy nor undercooked. Once the noodles are done, I drain the liquid and pour olive oil all over the noodles and make sure the all noodles are coated with oil. This prevents the noodles from sticking with each other.
If the noodles are ready, it time to complete the pancit – and this is really a quick and easy process. The recipe below will tell you how to quickly and easily cook pancit udon.
Try this Pancit Udon Recipe. Enjoy!
Pancit Udon Recipe
- 1 package 12.8 oz. Udon noodles
- 10 pieces squid balls cut in half
- 1/2 small cabbage chopped
- 1 medium carrot julienne
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 lb. pork sliced into thin pieces and chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or scallions
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 to 10 cups water for boiling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the udon noodles by boiling the water in a deep cooking pot.
- Once the water starts to boil, put-in the udon noodles, boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until just about right and not soggy.
- Drain the water and place the noodles in a colander or strainer to let the excess water drip. Immediately transfer the noodles to a large bowl and pour-in the olive oil. Gently toss the noodles until covered in olive oil.Set aside. Note: this will prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
- Meanwhile, heat cooking oil in a a large and wide wok or pan.
- Saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the pork once the onion turns soft. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add-in the squid balls. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put-in the carrots and cabbage. Continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add the noodles in the pan.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and squeeze the lemon. Stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with chopped green onions.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!