Pinsec Frito or Fried Wonton is an appetizer dish that resembles the all-time favorite Filipino-Chinese Dim Sum: Pork Siomai. Instead of steaming (which is the common way of cooking Dim Sum), Pinsec Frito is fried until the wrapper turns crispy and golden brown in color.
Taste and texture are the two main reasons why this appetizer interests me: It’s like having pork rinds (chicharon) and Siomai at the same time. If you are thinking of trying this recipe, please don’t hesitate. This is very easy to prepare; all you need to do is mix, wrap, and fry.
Appetizers won’t be complete without the dip. Sweet and sour sauce and the basic Asian dipping sauce are two of my top suggestions. Of course, that is just an idea. If you like dipping fried foods in banana ketchup or spiced vinegar, the choice is all yours. Enjoying your meal is still the most important thing – have it your way.
Your ideas, comments, and feedback are appreciated. Enjoy your meal!!!
Pinsec Frito Recipe - Deep Fried Wonton
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 1/2 cup carrots minced
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup onion minced
- 1 piece raw egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packs wonton wrapper
- 3/4 cup green onion minced
- 1 cup crab meat
- 1 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Combine ground pork, carrots, onion, sesame oil, salt, ground black pepper, green onion, crab meat, and egg then mix thoroughly.
- Wrap the mixture in wonton wrapper. Place a piece of wonton wrapper in a flat surface then scoop a teaspoon of the meat mixture and place it in the middle of the wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in water and run it on the sides of the wonton wrapper. Fold the wonton wrapper in a manner where one edge meets the opposite forming a triangle. Gently press the sides to seal.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the wrapped wontons until the wrapper becomes crispy.
- Remove from the frying pan and place in a plate with paper towel.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or Dim Sum sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pinsec Frito (Deep Fried Wonton)