Pork Chop Steak ala Bistek is a version of bistek tagalog using pork chop. This is a simple straightforward version wherein pork chops are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic powder, lime, and ground black pepper. It is then pan fried and cooked until tender. Sliced of onions (also called onion rings) are added towards the end of the cooking process.
I likePork Chop Steak ala Bistek because it is easy to cook and the result tastes good. This is perfect for both beginners and intermediate cooks. Note that I had more onions for this recipe in order for the dish to be tastier. I personally love to have more onions in dishes such as this.
As I mentioned earlier, the pork chop needs to be marinated; 3 hours is the minimum time that I recommend, but it is ideal to marinate overnight for better results. When it comes to the onions, feel free to use yellow or white onions. I’m using red onions for this recipe because these are on sale at my local supermarket. It is always good to save money on ingredients.
Enjoy this with a cup of warm rice. I know that the fatty part of the pork chop is delicious (especially if its extra tender), but take it easy and eat in moderation. Happy cooking! Enjoy!
Try this Pork Chop Steak ala Bistek Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pork Chop Steak ala Bistek
- 2 lbs. pork chop sliced into serving pieces
- 1 medium red onions sliced into rings
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 to 3 cups beef broth or pork broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 fresh limes or 3 pieces calamansi
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange pork chop in a large bowl. Pour the marinade into it. Toss until well blended. Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat half of the oil in a pot.
- Pan fry each piece of marinated pork for 1 minute per side. Remove the pork and place in a clean plate. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining cooking oil into the pot.
- Once the oil becomes hot sauté the garlic until it gets light brown.
- Add minced onion. Continue to sauté until tender.
- Put the pan-fried pork back into the pot.
- Pour the remaining marinade along with beef broth. Let boil. Cover and continue to cook between low to medium heat until the pork chop becomes tender (around 45 to 60 minutes). Note: you can add more broth or water if needed.
- Add sugar and season with salt. Stir.
- Add the sliced onion rings. Cover and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate. Serve with warm rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pork Chop Steak ala Bistek