I always make Potato Salad with Carrots and Pineapple during New Year’s Eve dinner. This has been a tradition in our family. I like it because it is easy to make, budget-friendly, and delicious. It also makes a good side dish to any meat dishes. I love to have this with dishes such as grilled pork belly and fried chicken.
Have you tried making potato salad before? This is a good salad recipe to begin with.
How to Make Potato Salad with Carrots and Pineapple
Making this potato salad version is easy and straightforward. There are three simple processes involved. First is to prepare the potato and carrot by boiling. The next process is to make the salad dressing. Lastly is to combine all the ingredients together and mix until well distributed.
Let’s talk about the first one. This step involves peeling the potato and carrots and boiling these in a pot with water for around 12 minutes. Make sure to peel the veggies before boiling. It also involves blanching. The vegetables are soaked in ice cold water right after being boiled. This is necessary to stop residual heat from cooking the veggies thoroughly, which prevent it from having a mushy texture. This is also the part when I slice the potato and carrot into cubes.
The next step is the easiest. Preparing the salad dressing means combining all the dressing ingredients and mixing everything together. Mayonnaise is the key ingredient in this step. Simply place Lady’s Choice Mayo in a bowl, add minced onion, salt, ground black pepper, and sugar and mix everything together.
The last step is adding the pineapple chunks, cubed carrot, and cubed potato into the salad dressing, and folding everything until well blended. I like my potato salad cold. It is best to refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before serving.
Try this Potato Salad with Carrots and Pineapple Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Potato Salad with Carrots and Pineapple
- 3 pieces baking potato
- 2 pieces carrot
- 220 ml Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 20 ounces pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 6 cups water for boiling
- Salt to taste
- Boil water in a cooking pot.
- Peel potato and carrot. Put potato in boiling water. Boil for 2 minutes. Add carrot. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour cold water and 2 cups ice on a large bowl. Take the potato and carrots out of the cooking pot and submerge in cold water. Let it stay for 6 minutes. Remove from water, pat dry with paper towels. Cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad dressing by placing Lady's Choice Mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add onion, ground black pepper, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add pineapple chunks, carrot, and potato. Fold until all ingredients are well distributed.
- Add minced parsley. Fold. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!