This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Muffins are good to have for breakfast and snacks. It is even better if you have it with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. One particular type that I like to have for breakfast is Raisin Bran Muffin. Since bran is high in fiber, I figured that this can help control my digestion. This Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe is the only one I trust.
Aside from having high fiber content, I like Raisin Bran Muffin because it is not too sweet. I do not feel guilty even if I had more than one piece. It also fills me up quite a bit, and keeps me energized until lunch time. That means no food cravings in between breakfast and lunch. By the way, this Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe asks for 3 tablespoons of raisin. Add more raisins instead of sugar, if you like it sweeter.
Did you know the secret to moist muffins? It is actually the vegetable oil. I think that the amount of oil in this Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe is enough, but you can add a tablespoon or two if you want it moister.
Try this Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe and send us your feedback.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 3/4 cups wheat bran
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Combine buttermilk and bran. Let it stay for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and then add the vanilla extract and sugars. Mix well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour-in the buttermilk and bran. Mix well.
- Fold-in flour and raisins.
- Arrange the mixture in muffin cups and then bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!