This recipe post is all about Salmon Sinigang or Sinigang na Salmon. It refers to a Filipino fish soup in sour broth. Salmon fillet are used for this recipe. Salmon belly, head, and salmon steaks can also be used to make this dish.
I personally like this dish because it is quick to prepare. It is also simple and easy. The entire dish should be ready in less than 30 minutes. I think that this is a good example of pleasure and convenience.
Salmon sinigang is best consumed during rainy days or cold weather, in general. Its hot and sour broth can help you feel warm and cozy. I usually have this dish with a cup of white rice and a condiment composed of crushed spicy chili peppers and fish sauce.
My souring agent for this dish is called Knorr Sinigang sa Isda mix. It is made specifically for these type of dishes, including sinigang na bangus. Although it sounds like it is intended only for fish, it can also be used to make sinigang na sugpo or hipon.
Try this Salmon Sinigang Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Salmon Sinigang Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillet
- 3 10g pouches Knorr Sinigang na Isda mix
- 1 bunch kangkong leaves removed and stalk cut into small pieces
- 10 pieces snake beans cut into 2 inch length
- 2 medium ripe tomato sliced into wedges
- 6 to 8 pieces okra
- 6 ounces Daikon radish sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion wedged
- 4 pieces long green peppers
- 3 tablespoons patis
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 quart water
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add tomato, onion, and Daikon radish. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salmon fillet. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Knorr Sinigang na Isda mix. Stir.
- Put the long green peppers into the pot along with the okra,and snake beans. Cover the pot. Cook in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add kangkong stalks. Season with patis and ground black pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add kangkong leaves. Turn the heat off. Cover the pot and let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Salmon Sinigang