It is important to use the tenderest part of the cow when cooking this dish. Since searing the meat until it dries up does not take that long, there wouldn’t be enough time to tenderize the meat that you are cooking. I highly recommend using beef tenderloin or sirloin for this recipe.
Try this Beef Salpicao recipe
Recipe: Beef Salpicao
- 1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin (or tenderloin), cubed
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Watch the cooking video:
- Combine the beef, salt, pepper, and garlic then mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Apply high heat on a pan then put-in the combined ingredients once the pan is hot enough.
- Sear the beef until the color of the outer part turns brown. Try to toss the beef while searing so that all sides are uniformly cooked.
- Add the oyster sauce and Worcestire sauce and continue tossing until the liquid dries up.
- Put-in the butter and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6