Finally, the 10 lbs of potatoes were consumed and we now have the 4th recipe derived out of it. I did not imagine that a $2 bag of potatoes would go such a long way. We were able to make the homemade potato chips, crispy French fries, potato and leek soup, and here we are with our homemade mashed potatoes.
Everyone knows what homemade mashed potatoes are. I think that a formal description is not necessary – but did you know that Mashed Potato is also a dance popularized during 1962 to the mid 60’s? I was not born yet during that time but I heard that the moves are pretty cool.
This homemade mashed potatoes recipe resembles the ones that you find in restaurants and top food joints. The ingredients are common, the procedure is simple, and the taste is awesome. Try it yourself – oh, and make sure you top it with KFC Style gravy for a double awesome experience.
Try this Homemade Mashed Potato Recipe
Homemade Mashed Potato Recipe
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 to 4 cups of water
- Combine potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Turn off the heat and drain the water by placing the potatoes in a colander.
- Transfer the potatoes in a large mixing bowl then add the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Mash using an electric mixer. You may also use fork or potato ricer for this procedure.
- Pour-in the melted butter then mix again until everything is well incorporated.
- Gradually add the fresh milk while mixing; continue mixing until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with KFC Style Gravy.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4