Crispy Noodles is a type of noodle dish wherein the noodles (usually egg or flour) are fried until crispy. A special sauce made with vegetables, meat, and seafood is topped on the fried noodles.
I like this dish for its uniqueness and texture. I can enjoy crunchy noodles at the beginning and have a tasty softer noodle towards the end.
I first had this type of dish in the Philippines. There is a restaurant chain called North Park, which serves great tasting fried noodles.
If you like Pancit Canton, you will enjoy this dish!
Try this Crispy Noodles recipe and let me know your thoughts.
12 to 14 ounces egg noodles or Pancit canton
1 cup boneless chicken breast, sliced
1 cup shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 bunch bok choy or pechay
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
3/4 cup carrots, julienned
3/4 cups long green beans, chopped
1 piece red bell pepper, sliced in strips
2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 cups cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
1. Heat a wok and pour-in cooking oil.
2. Fry the noodles in medium heat until texture becomes crisp and crunchy.
3. Turn-off heat and transfer fried noodles on a serving plate (make sure to let excess oil drip).
4. Reduce the cooking oil from the same wok to 3 tablespoons and apply heat.
5. Sauté garlic and add chicken slices. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add shrimps then stir.
7. Put-in the green beans, red bell pepper, and carrots. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Add bok choy and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
9. Add the oyster sauce, five spice powder, and sesame oil, and cornstarch diluted in water. Cook until sauce thickens.
10. Pour sauce on top of arranged fried noodles.
11. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!Share this Post: