Shepherd’s Pie is a meat pie made of ground beef, some vegetables, and mashed potato.
Some say that this pie dish is a variation of Cottage Pie — which is made of minced beef or lamb. Instead of using mashed potatoes, Cottage pie is traditionally made by topping slices of potatoes over the minced meat. The potato arrangement that looked like tiles of a roof might be the reason why it was called such.
This delicious meat pie recipe is worth all the effort. I’m sure that you will enjoy eating this pie dish during anytime of the day.
I like to eat my Shepherd’s pie during dinner. Although it is filling, I feel less bloated before going to bed.
Try this Shepherd’s Pie Recipe and let us know what you think.
Shepherds Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Watch the cooking video:
- Heat a cooking pot and melt the butter.
- Put-in the onion when the butter melts, and then cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown (about 5 to 10 minutes)
- Put-in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, ground black pepper, and beef broth. Stir and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the mix vegetables. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn-off heat and let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the cooked mixture to a baking tray.
- Arrange the mashed potato over the cooked mixture, and then bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6