Sinigang na Bangus Belly sa Miso is best for the rainy season. It can make you feel warm and comfortable. This recipe is as simple as it can get, but I made sure to include enough vegetables for added nutrition. Serve it hot with lots of love.
Boneless bangus belly was used for this recipe. These are imported from the Philippines that come in a sealed plastic package. It is more convenient to use bangus without bones because it eliminates the extra effort of manually removing the fish bones while eating. It helps you enjoy the dish better and lets you enjoy the moment — sip after sip.
Note that Daikon radish or “labanos” was used as an ingredient for this dish. It has a spicy and tart flavor that compliments well with this sinigang version. However, it is up to you if you want to use it.
I enjoy eating this sinigang version with a spicy fish sauce dipping sauce. 3 to 5 pieces of “siling labuyo“ are crushed and mixed in a small bowl with fish sauce. A quarter of a teaspoon of the mixture is poured over the fish before every bite. Now that makes me hungry again.
Try this Sinigang na Bangus Belly sa Miso Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the video on How to Cook Sinigang na Bangus Belly sa Miso
- 2 lbs. boneless bangus belly
- 6 tablespoons Miso paste
- 2 medium plum tomato, wedged
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 10 pieces okra
- 1 small Daikon radish (labanos), sliced
- 4 pieces long green pepper (siling pansigang)
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 (40g) pack sinigang mix
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add tomato and onion. Cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir-in Miso paste and cover the pot. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes
- Carefully add the bangus belly. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes in low to medium heat.
- Add the Daikon, okra, and green peppers. Cover and Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the sinigang mix package in the cooking pot. Stir. Add fish sauce.
- Add the mustard greens. Cover the cooking pot and continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!