Beef Pares Mami Noodles is a simple noodle soup dish. It is a combination of two dishes: beef pares and beef mami. I love to have it during cold weather. Since it is winter here in my location, I cannot help but enjoy this dish — and I plant to make this at least once a month. How exciting!
- ½ recipe for beef pares
- 1 lb. round miki noodles
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons toasted garlic
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 lb. beef neck bones
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pour water in a pot. Add the beef neck bones. Let boil. Simmer for 2 hours.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Arrange the miki noodles in a cooking basket. Submerge in boiling broth for 10 minutes. Remove, drain, and the set aside.
- Arrange the cooked miki noodles along with a serving of beef pares in individual bowls. Top with chopped scallions, toasted garlic, and a piece of boiled egg, sliced in half.
- Pour a cup or two of hot beef stock in the bowl. Season with some fish sauce and ground black pepper.
- Serve. Share and enjoy.
I used fresh miki noodles to make this delicious noodle soup. It is perfect alternative for egg noodles which are usually used for beef and chicken mami. The scallions and toasted garlic also made a big difference. I also added a piece of boiled egg to make the meal more delightful.
I think that there are two reasons that make this dish a total success: the beef pares and the beef stock. Make sure to make your own beef stock from scratch by boiling beef neck bones in low heat for a couple of hours. Season with salt and pepper. You can also add some cayenne pepper powder if you want it spicy.
Try this Beef Pares Mami Noodles Recipe. Let me know what you think!